AgriRisk is an insurance broker specialising in products for the rural sector, as well as complex risk solutions for corporate agribusiness.
AgriRisk operates at all times with the highest levels of best practice and seeks to maintain high ethical standards in all of its business practices.
There are a number of important areas of compliance that AgriRisk is bound to by law. These include:
- Insurance Brokers Code of Practice
- Dispute Resolution
- Internal Complaints Handling Process
- External Complaints Handling Process
Insurance Brokers Code of Practice
AgriRisk is a member of the National Insurance Brokers Association (NIBA), where a strict Code of Conduct is followed that sets a high standard for the way we do business.
The Insurance Brokers Code of Practice (the Code) is intended to promote good relations between insurance brokers, their customers, insurers and others in the insurance industry. The Code also sets out how we transact business efficiently by laying out expected standards of good practice and levels of service.
Developed by NIBA as part of a national self-regulatory scheme, the Code:
- Requires brokers to establish an internal dispute resolution process (ours is outlined below)
- Sets out standards for brokers to follow when dealing with clients, including requirements to inform clients of remuneration arrangements and any conflict of interest
The Code also provides that AgriRisk:
- Act in your best interests
- Provide advice and guidance to you to make informed decisions on risk and insurance protection
- Provide full and accurate information for effective underwriting
- Respect your confidentiality in relation to all records and information
- Ensure the validity and accuracy of all documentation
- Make available to you all relevant documentation, policies and certificates, endorsements, and premium calculations as may be required
- Be professional, efficient and responsive in all dealings
- In the event of a claim, take every step necessary to ensure prompt and fair settlement
- Work towards maintaining and enhancing the reputation of NIBA and its members
- Act in the spirit of the Code and encourage others to do likewise
The Code is administered by the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS), of which AgriRisk is a member. If you consider there has been a breach, you may wish to contact the FOS to lodge a complaint. Before doing this, AgriRisk must first be given the opportunity to resolve any dispute.
As part of the Code obligations, we are committed to the fair, transparent and timely resolution of disputes. If you are unhappy with any of our services, you can contact our Complaints Officer by phone, email or post.
The first step is for AgriRisk to attempt to resolve the complaint internally. If this fails, an external dispute resolution process is then enacted.
Internal Complaints Handling Process
The objective of our internal complaints handling process is to provide an efficient, fair and timely method of handling complains at no cost to you.
You can contact our Complaints Officer at Head Office, by phone, email or post.
Our Complaints Officer is responsible for:
- Dealing with and attempting to resolve your complaints which cannot be resolved by the provision of clarification or information;
- Advising you of your rights to lodge complaints with the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS);
- Managing all disputes with you; and
- Liaising with FOS.
If we are unable to satisfy your complaint internally then we will refer the complaint to FOS.
External Complaints Handling Process
AgriRisk is a member the Financial Services Ombudsman (FOS) that provides an external dispute resolution service which is free to you. If your complaint is not resolved to your satisfaction by our Internal Complaints Handling Process, you can refer the dispute to FOS.
Before FOS can consider your dispute, you need to have complained to AgriRisk first and given us an opportunity to resolve your complaint.
You can find out more about the external dispute resolution process or contact FOS by:
- Website: www.fos.org.au (on-line complaint form also available)
- Phone Toll Free: 1800 367 287
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Post: Financial Ombudsman Service, GPO Box 3, Melbourne, VIC 3001