What Does Professional Indemnity Insurance Cover?

A range of different risks and financial exposures can be covered including:

  • Legal liability for negligent acts, errors and omissions
  • Contractual liability
  • Liability under the Competition & Consumer Act (formerly the Trade Practices Act)
  • Libel, defamation and slander
  • Infringement of intellectual property rights
  • Liability for the acts of sub-contractors and consultants
  • Legal costs incurred in the investigation and defence of a claim
  • Compensation and claimant’s costs and expenses

Who Needs Professional Indemnity Insurance?

If you or your employees provide a professional service involving the delivery of specialised knowledge or expertise to another person or business then you need Professional Indemnity insurance.  Professional services include but are not limited to advice, design, consultancy, opinions or analytical services.

What Does It Cost?

The premium will depend on the nature of your business operations, the type of advice you give, the size of your operations, the level of cover you require and the excess.  At AgriRisk we’ll work with you to determine your level of risk and then provide specialist advice about how you can best cover them.

The Market

The Professional Indemnity insurance market is very competitive with many insurers offering different policies with different features and benefits.  AgriRisk has access to many insurers in this market, giving clients a wide range of options and choice.

AgriRisk takes the hard work out of choosing insurance.

Our team of experienced and friendly brokers will:

Determine your individual needs, including risk profile and budget

Approach a range of insurers to determine the most appropriate products for your business

Search the insurance market, and negotiate the right cover and competitive terms.

Provide expert advice and make recommendations about the right risk management solution for your needs.

Related Products